Microsoft office account i.e. office.com/myaccount is an integral a part of your office subscription because it accounts for downloading and managing your office products.
How you access and use your office account depends on the type of account you register by visiting www.office.com/setup.
For all office subscriptions, you need to have an account related to office to do the followings:
For users with an existing Microsoft Account:
- When you sign in your Microsoft Office account, you’ll go to microsoft.com. From this platform, you can easily manage all your MS Office products associated with your account.
- Navigate to the “services and subscription” choice from the header and search for your subscribed product and services related to your office account.
- Manage your Microsoft Office Account, set/reset password, set additional security settings and update your billing details.
- Check the status of all your Microsoft Office related products and services
- Renew, install and reinstall your Microsoft office products on your device.
- Redeem your MS Office product key to download and activate your Office products.
- Get help and Support if you can’t remember the Microsoft Office Account that you used.
For School or Work Account:
If you sign in an account related to your organization or faculty, you’ll go to the MY account to do the following:
- Uninstall the devices you have no use any longer.
- Microsoft Office 365 subscription you have and find out what licenses your MS Office 365 admin assigned you.
- Go to Install Status to install or reinstall the latest version of MS Office 365 on your device.
In case, you’re an office 365 admin of your organization, then you will decide and control what to allow your users to have access to. You can add or remove users as per the organisational desires.
Why do you need a Microsoft Office account?
To get the most out of your Microsoft’s Productivity Suite and subscription package, one should got to produce and manage a Microsoft account via www.office.com/myaccount. It bestows you direct access to your office apps including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Outlook, and Office services like Skype for Business and Office 365, and many more.
You can also access your cloud-data through your office account and there’s a lot you’ll do with office account that meets your organizational needs. To create and login to your Microsoft office account, visit office.com/setup.
All you need is to enter your login ID and password that you simply created at the time of account creation to achieve access to your Microsoft account.
Create your Microsoft account via www.office.com/myaccount
If you’re downloading your Microsoft office Productivity suite for the first time, you may not have an account page yet. To install and download office setup on your device, you need to create and sign in to your user account as part of the installation process.
Even if you’ve purchased the subscription from a office retail card, you’ll need to sign in to your user account at the time of activation. Therefore, having an MS office account is mandatory for all subscribers.
Follow the guidelines listed below to make a new account within a few of minutes:
- Open your web browser and type the URL office.com/setup
- Navigate to “Sign Up” button located at the right bottom side of the page
- Enter all the required details in the allocated space. The details you’ll be pressed to submit at the time of account creation are full name, age, gender, country, Phone number, etc.
- Set a strong and secure password that is easy to recall and retype the password for confirmation.
- When all the details are verified as legitimate, then you can hit the “Create Now” button to complete the process
- Congratulations, you’ve successfully created a new Microsoft account
In the end
You can seek expert guidance from Microsoft Customer Support if you fail to make or login to your office account or if your progress is on a temporary halt due to some error. You can place a call on a toll-free number, or chat live, or exchange email to get in touch with Microsoft Support representatives.