Once you have completed the set up of Office 365 you can setup online service Skype for Business. Depending upon your chosen plan i.e. Office 365 Business Premium or Business Essentials, you can avail the use Skype application for business for making business calls to other people associated with your business who are on your subscription. For example if your organization comprises of 20 team members than you can call or message each other using Skype for business without any additional setup.
Skype for Business has several features for using them you are required to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Receive and make calls to individuals external to your business. In order to use this feature for your business you have to choose between the below mentions options:
- Option one: Get access to free Skype application
If you acquire a small organization (for example, 4-5 people) then using the Skype application is one of the best tools for you. One of the benefits is that the application is less overpriced to be used for making and receiving domestic and international calls. By using other features of this application you can hold the conference calls, make video calls and share your desktop for presentations.
You are using free Skype application this means that your contacts in Office 365 will not be visible in your Skype. Skype application is not a part of Office 365 so it won’t be integrated with your Office 365 the way Skype for Business is. So you will have to add your business contacts to Skype.
We suggest you to start with the free Skype application to check whether it is fulfilling all your requirements or not. If you found that you need more features then consider upgrading your plan as mentioned in the option 2.
- Option two: Upgrade your plan and make purchase of Cloud PBX and the PSTN calling plan.
Upgrade your plan by following the below mentioned steps:
- Move to the E1 or E3 plan:
- If you don’t want to receive voicemail messages than go for E1 plan.
- If you want to receive voicemail messages than go for E3 plan. Further we will tell you how Cloud PBX voicemail works. Once you have received a voicemail it will be delivered as an e-mail in your mailbox with the voicemail message as an attachment. By using Skype for Business application you will be able to listen to your voicemail messages over your Skype certified desktop phone.
- Acquire the Cloud PBX add-on
- Next step to acquire a PSTN calling plan.
You can avail this only after acquiring Cloud PBX add-on
Choose any of the above mentioned options to setup Skype for business. The second option is ideal for any working organization with several individuals who can make and receive calls external to your business.
Get Office 365 setup: office.com/setup