How to make a pie chart in Microsoft Excel?
MS Office software is consisting of many applications like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access etc. Every application makes the work of the organization easier and faster. This software can be easily installed through www.office.com/setup. Here we discuss about how to create a Pie chart in MS Excel using Excel Chart Wizard.
Short Guide of creating Pie Chart in MS Excel:
- Enter the Pie Chart Data: It does not matter what type of chart you want to create. First you have to create the Excel chart and then enter the data into the worksheet.
- Select the pie chart data: First of all with the mouse, highlight the cells which contain the data which you want to include into the graph. Now use the keyboard, you have to click on the top left of the graph data. After this, hold down the shift key. Now use the arrow keys, to select the data which is to be included in the pie chart.
- Start the Chart Wizard: For starting the Excel Chart Wizard, you have to click on the Chart Wizard icon on the standard toolbar. Now click Insert and then Chart in the menu.
- The Excel Chart Wizard: First you have to choose the Pie Chart Type in the left hand pane. Then choose the Pie with a 3 D visual effect chart. After this click on Next.
- Preview your Chart: First of all select your data, before starting the Excel chart wizard. Then on your Spreadsheet, the data has been included in the chart and it is surrounded by the marching ants. There is a animated black border around your data. Below the preview window, there is a box containing the cell references of the data range. Make sure you select the right data range in the spreadsheet.
- Customize your Chart: For customizing your chart, click on the Titles tab which is at the top of the chart wizard dialog box. Now in chart title box, you have to type the title. After this click on the data labels tab which is at the top of the chart wizard dialog box. Now in the label contains section click on the percentage option. If the chart in the preview window looks right then click on Next.
- Choose where your chart should go: Here you click on the radio button to place the chart as an object in Sheet 1 and click on finish. Your pie chart is created.
- Add color to the Pie chart: Change the background color of the chart. For this, right click with the mouse anywhere on the white background to open the drop down menu. Now click on the Format Chart Area to open the Format Chart Area dialog box. Then click on the pattern tab, to select the color. At last click on OK.
If you have any kind of problem in creating the Pie Chart then you can visit to the official website of www.office.com/setup. Or you can contact to the customer care for Microsoft Office account and assistance.